Enjoy a panoramic tour of Messina, with this day that also includes a guided tour of the Regional Museum - a complete day!
Messina Museum & City Tour
The tour meets close to the port, and will climb aboard a panoramic bus to explore the main museums of Messina, Sicily's most eastern province. We'll take in the city's most emblematic monuments, such as the Montalto Sanctuary, the Cristo Rey Sanctuary, and the Messina Cathedral. We'll also pass alongside the Annunziata dei Catalani Church. And on this tour we'll also see the Ganzirri and Capo del Peloro lakes.
Following the tour, we'll visit the Messina Regional Museum, whose permanent collection includes works from the local painter Antonello, as well as Mattia Preti and Caravaggio. And you'll have the opportunity to see the famous Adoration of the Shepherds by this last master of the chiaroscuro.
Then the tour heads back to the departure point, and comes to an end.
This excursion is available for cruise passengers. In this case, you should indicate the name of your boat when making your reservation. We will be waiting for you in the disembarkment zone, half an hour after the cruise is due to arrive.
Between the 17th of November and the 31st of March, the tour will only take place if a minimum of 8 participants is reached. Should this not be the case, we will proceed to offer you an alternative.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory.
- Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Should land, air, or water transport of any kind be used they will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 65% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12||Children under 6|
Children from 6 to 12US$ 38.10
Children under 6Free
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the regional museum.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:30 AM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Via I Settembre.