Power struggles, intrigue, and passion for artistic discovery... get to know the secrets of Pisa with this guided tour of the Piazza dei Miracoli and Pisa's historical centre.
Pisa Guided Tour
The tour meets in front of the Porta Santa Maria Arch, and from here we begin our guided tour of the Piazza dei Miracoli which will take approximately an hour.
The St. John's Baptistery will be the first major monument we will encounter, as soon as we enter the square. Originally designed as a place of baptism, it is the largest of all the Italian baptisteries. Having admired its amazing gothic dome we will continue to learn about the history of the various monuments, passing alongside the cemetery, and later entering into the Pisa Cathedral itself. There we will appreciate the caryatids (statues of female figures, each one serving as architectural support), each one representing one of the virtues, from temperance to kindness, and next to this you can find the graveyard, from outside of which you'll be able to drink in the Piazza dei Miracoli in all its splendour.
Leaving the Piazza behind, we take Via Santa Maria, from where we will take an hour-long guided tour of Pisa's historic centre. The tour stops in the Piazza dei Cavalieri to enjoy the spectacular facade of the Palazzo dell'Orologio (clock palace) and the Palazzo della Carovana, headquarters of the Scuola Normale Superiore - one of only three officially sanctioned special-statute public universities in Italy.
We then continue to the banks of the Arno river, ears ringing with anecdotes about Piazza Garibaldi. Then our journey back into the history of the city, touring one of the main shopping streets in the city: the Borgo Stretto.
Leaning Tower Ticket
When making your reservation you can complete your guided tour of Pisa by climbing the leaning tower itself. Following your tour of the most famous corners of the Tuscan city, you'll have the opportunity to climb to the top of the world's most famous bell tower, the symbol of Pisa, and from where you'll get the best views of the city.
For security reasons, children under 8 may not climb the leaning tower.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour with leaning tower||
US$ 65.30 US$ 61.70
|Tour without leaning tower||
Tour with leaning tower
Per PersonUS$ 65.30 US$ 61.70
Tour without leaning tower
Per PersonUS$ 35.60
2 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is exclusively in English.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Pisa Cathedral.
Entry to the Leaning Tower of Pisa (optional).
Reduced group sizes, there will be no more than 10 people per group.
Entry to the Baptistry, Campo Santo and other monuments on the tour (which will be visited from outiside)
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Pisa).
Te enviaremos un bono que podrás mostrar en tu móvil para realizar la actividad.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Yes (it varies according to every attraction included).
Piazza Daniele Manin, in front of the Porta Santa Maria arch.