Discover the Phoenician history of Cadiz when you take this fantastic trip to the archeological site of Gadir. You will encounter the civilization's very first settlement on the Iberian Peninsular.
Gadir Archaeological Site Tour
After meeting up in San Juan de Dios Square, in the heart of the city, we will set off on a fantastic one-hour tour to discover the vestiges of the Phoenician culture in Cadiz.
We will explore the oldest neighborhood in Cadiz, the Pópulo district, where you will encounter the elegant Las Flores square, the magnificent Cathedral of the Holy Cross, and the Roman Theatre.
Then we head into the heart of Cadiz's Phoenician culture by visiting the archaeological site of Gadir (free admission). The city's ancient secrets lay hidden under a theatre for centuries. Nowadays, tourists can visit the site and discover the different eras of the settlement's occupation.
During the tour of the Gadir site, we will walk along a glass footbridge while observing the layout of the streets, houses, and services, which date back to the ninth century BC. In addition to learning all about how the Phoenicians lived, we will also enjoy a 12-minute film projection that explains the origin of Gadir, one of the oldest Phoenician settlements in the West.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 11 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 11 years oldUS$ 6.70
Children under 5 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Entry to Gadir Archaeological Site.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 2 days before (Cádiz local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
San Juan de Dios Square, next to the monument to Moret.