Enjoy a fantastic free tour of Medellin's Comuna 13, an area that has traded its past of criminality and danger for a future of diversity and positivity.
Comuna 13 Free Tour
We will meet up at the time of your choice at San Javier metro station. From here, we will take the metro and the bus to Comuna 13 in Medellin, a fascinating hillside neighborhood full of color and life.
During the free tour of Comuna 13, we will talk about its dark past and how it was once the most dangerous area in the world. Due to its strategic location, Comuna 13 became the epicenter of violence and armed conflict in Medellin. While we contemplate its colorful graffiti, we will talk about the different military operations that took place in the area, such as the famous Mariscal and Orion.
However, walking through its steep streets you will feel totally comfortable and safe. This is due to the incredible transformation of Comuna 13 in the last decades. Thanks to the street art and its colorful murals, the locals have managed to turn it into an attractive place for visitors without forgetting its past.
To finish, we will use their famous escalators and refresh ourselves with a green mango ice cream, on the house!
After two and a half hours, we'll say goodbye and end the free tour of Comuna 13 back in the center of Medellin.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Tasting of green mango ice cream.
Bus ticket: 2,000 COP (US$ 0.60) per person.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 2 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
San Javier Metro Station