Discover the magic of Puerto Escondido with this guided tour. And you'll explore its best beaches from the deck of a boat, as we see dolphins and whales! Not to be missed!
Puerto Escondido Guided Tour
Having picked you up from your hotel, we'll begin our guided tour of Puerto Escondido's most special places.
We'll explore local markets, visiting the famous Benito Juarez market. Walking through this market makes for a kaleidoscope of colours, smells, and tastes, difficult to equal anywhere else in Mexico.
The tour then visits a mezcal distillery, to see how the most typical drink in the region is made. And you can try the different varieties of mezcals on offer, accompanied by either chocolate or mole - a thick sauce containing chilli and chocolate among other things, and often served with chicken or turkey.
Next, the tour heads to the main viewpoints, where we'll enjoy some incredible views of Puerto Escondido. And we'll climb aboard a boat in the Puerto Angelito bay, to explore the beaches of the region from the water. We'll see the Zicatela beaches, Puerto Angelito, Manzanillo, Coral beach and Puesta del Sol.
Finally, we'll head a little further out into the open sea, where if you are lucky you can see dolphins, turtles and whales.
Having returned to dry land, you can eat a typical lunch on the beach (not included) before we head back to the hotels in the centre of Puerto Escondido for about 2 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 9||Children under 3|
Children from 3 to 9US$ 28.10
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Boat ride around the Puerto Escondido coast.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 11 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).