Discover the beautiful landscape along the Costa de la Luz with this Tarifa & Zahara de Los Atunes Day Trip from Sanlúcar de Barrameda. You'll also visit the impressive archaeological site.
Tarifa & Zahara de Los Atunes Day Trip
At 8:30 am, we'll pick you up at the bus stop located at Sanlúcar de Barrameda bus station and head south along the Costa de la Luz.
First, we'll make our way to one of the most important archaeological sites in Cádiz, Baelo Claudia, located at Bolonia beach. In this ancient Roman city, we'll discover curious facts including finding out how Garum is prepared. Did you know that this sauce was one of the most popular in ancient times?
Our next stop will be Tarifa, for a brief tour around the southernmost city in Western Europe. We'll see monuments including the Puerta de Jerez, the San Francisco church, the St. Matthew the Apostle Parish and the Guzmán el Bueno Castle.
Afterwards, you'll have an hour of free time where you can sample the local cuisine while you take in the beautiful views of the Strait of Gibraltar. You can take the opportunity to try out the area's famous tuna dishes.
Following on, we'll head to Zahara de Los Atunes. You'll have an hour of free time to enjoy the town centre, walk along the 8 kilometre beach or take a dip in the sea.
The tour will end at the starting point in Sanlúcar de Barrameda, arriving at 7:30 pm.
Departure from other locations
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 39.40
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Baelo Claudia archaeological site.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Sanlúcar de Barrameda bus station