Would you like to go on an adventure in El Chalten? Enjoy two hours of rafting in the Vueltas River, an experience you won't forget.
Rafting Vueltas River
We'll meet at the Mil Outdoor office at the specified time and get kitted out in a thermal suit ready to take on this thrilling experience.
When we're all ready, we'll head to the Vueltas river where we'll do a theory lesson on rowing technique and learn some basic safety rules.
Then the adventure begins! For the first 6 kilometres of the river, the water is calmer. You'll be able to start putting the techniques you learnt in the rowing class into practice. You'll also enjoy magnificent views of Mount Fitz Roy. Did you know that for many years it was thought that this mountain was actually a volcano? The clouds around it were often mistaken for the smoke of an active volcano.
Then come the rapids. You will have to weave around them for almost 9 kilometres. You should know that the river's name "vueltas" means "turns" in Spanish, so you can be sure to experience a lot of winding and weaving on the river!
The final stretch will be calmer. Whilst our adrenaline levels drop back to normal, we'll head back to the mainland and hop into a private vehicle to go back to the initial meeting point.
Anyone can do it! You don't need any previous rafting experience to enjoy this adventure. The rapids are medium difficulty (category III). You'll have all the necessary equipment and safety measures to make the most of the activity.
- The maximum capacity of the rafts is 8 people.
- On each ride down the river there will be no more than 15 people, i.e. no more than two rafts.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You must be able to swim to take part.
This activity includes pick up at the indicated time from hotels in the centre of El Chaltén. If you're staying in more remote areas, we'll pick you up at 56 San Martín Avenue.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 24 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 20% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Per person||Children under 12|
US$ 84 US$ 112
Per personUS$ 84 US$ 112
Children under 12not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
Rafting for 2 hours.
English and Spanish speaking instructor.
Necessary rafting equipment: thermal suit, dry suit and boots.
Food and Drink.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.