Discover the beautiful west coast of Ireland from a new perspective: sailing along its spectacular landscapes on a traditional Galway Hooker.
Galway Hooker Sailboat Trip from Kilkieran
After meeting at your selected time at the entrance to Coyne's Bar & Bistro in Kilkieran, we'll board a sailboat known as a Galway hooker ready to explore some of the most beautiful landscapes on the west coast of Ireland.
We'll spend two hours sailing along the coast of Connemara aboard this traditional boat. Throughout the trip, we'll learn all about the Galway hooker, used by Irish sailors to reach the Aran Islands from the mainland and known for their iconic red sails.
What's more, the crew will reveal the secrets to handling the sailboat too - will you dare to take the helm?
At the end of this unforgettable sailing trip along the Irish coast, we'll return to the original departure point in Kilkieran.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Children between 13 and 16 years oldUS$ 111.10
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 111.10
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Sailing trip on a Galway Hooker.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 2 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Coyne's Bar & Bistro.