Discover Portugal's main place of pilgrimage, Fátima, and get to know the beautiful town of Coimbra in this day trip.
Fátima and Coímbra Day Trip Itinerary
Having picked you up at your hotel or at the meeting point, we hit the road south until we arrive in Fátima, found 200 km away from Porto.
Once there we'll have the opportunity to relive the phenomenon of the apparition of the Virgin Mary, who is said to have appeared to three shepherd children in 1917, a revelation in Portugal and the Catholic world. In Fátima we will see the three most famous sites in the city: the Sanctuary, the Basilica and the Chapel of the Apparitions.
Having finished the visit we'll head to a restaurant to try traditional food, included in the price of the tour. After eating you'll have free time to pass through the city or relax with a coffee. If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know you you make your booking.
The next stop is Coimbra, the fourth largest town in Portugal, where we will see the University (one of the oldest universities in continuous operation in the world), the Old Cathedral (built in the 12th century whose Arab influence can be clearly seen), and pass through the rest of its historic centre.
We'll return to Porto around 6:30 pm, leaving you at your hotel or wherever is most convenient for you.
Hotel pick up
When making your reservation, you'll have the choice between adding a pick up service to your tour, with collection from hotels in Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia, or making your own way to the meeting point at the San Bento train station.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 66% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12||Children under 4|
|Tour with pick up||
|Tour without pick up||
Tour with pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 56.60
Children under 4Free
Tour without pick up
Children between 4 and 12US$ 50.60
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off (optional).
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Are tickets included?
A - Yes, tickets are free
Q - Can we stay in Coimbra once the excursion is over?
A - Yes, but you may not bring luggage on the excursion.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
352 Rua Mouzinho da Silveira.