On this tour we'll get to know the history of Port wine, from its origin in the vineyards of the Douro Valley, visiting several wineries and trying their wines.
Douro Valley Tour
Having picked you up, we'll make our way eastwards, towards the Douro wine-producing region.
The first stop is in Pinhão, a small Portuguese located on the confluence of the Douro and Tedo rivers and home to a large number of wineries. Here, we'll enjoy the region's star product: wine. As well as the wine, we'll also be treated to a delicious traditional lunch of Portuguese delicacies. So that you can fully enjoy this traditional lunch, please let us know if you have any allergies or dietary requirements.
After eating, we'll embark on a relaxing cruise along the river, enjoying the spectacular views of the valley, before heading to one of the region's most important wineries where you'll taste fine Port wines.
The excursion ends in Porto at 6:30 pm, either back at your hotel or at a point convenient to you.
When you book this activity, please choose whether you would like to make your own way to the meeting point next to San Bento Railway Station or if you prefer to reserve this activity with hotel pickup from Porto.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pickup and drop off (according to tour)
Transport by bus
Wine tastings in the various wineries visited
Cruise around the Pinhão region
Lunch with drink
When to book?
You can book up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
Not wheelchair accessible.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- The show represents local culture.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- The activity helps vulnerable groups.
- The activity promotes local production.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Are there vegetarian options for lunch?
A - Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available if you request them before the day of the activity.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions
Rua Mouzinho da Silveira, 352.