If there's one unmissable place in the Riviera Maya it's Chichén Itzá. On this day trip, as well as getting to know the archaeological site, we will visit and bathe in its sacred cenote.
Chichén Itzá and Sacred Cenote Day Trip
Having picked you up from the different meeting points we'll hit the road to the most famous archaeological site in Mexico, stopping on the way to fuel up before the visit with a complete buffet lunch. Depending on the time of year, this lunch may take place at another point during the tour.
Having arrived at Chichén Itzá we'll visit the most important and renowned remains of the Mayan civilisation. In 1988 it was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site and in 2007 was named one of the seven wonders of the modern world.
With a guide expert in the Mayan world, we'll pass through the ancient city, learning about its history. As we enjoy its legends and curiosities, we'll visit the Chichén Itzá temples. Among the most spectacular is the legendary Kukulcan Temple and the Temple of Warriors, decorated with images of war and guarded by a forest of columns.
Then, after the visit you'll have approximately 90 minutes of free time to relax and take in your beautiful surroundings at your own pace. Then we'll head to one of the sacred Mayan Cenotes, where you'll have an hour in which you can swim, or simply enjoy the leafy landscape.
After enjoying this paradisiacal natural environment we'll move on to the colonial city of Valladolid. On arrival, we'll take a guided tour of the old town, including the church of San Servacio, the Municipal Palace and the Municipal Market. If we can't go to Valladolid due to the celebration of certain local festivities, we'll take you to the nearby town of Pisté.
Having enjoyed the sacred cenote, we'll head back, arriving in Riviera Maya around 7 pm.
The trip includes pick up from the following meeting points at the indicated times:
- 6 am: bus stop at the Oxxo shop, next to the Pemex gas station in Pentempich Bay.
- 6 am: Circle K supermarket, in front of the Catalonia Royal Tulum.
- 6:15 am: bus stop at the 7 Eleven shop in Puerto Morales.next to the bridge.
- 6:40 am: bus stop at the Oxxo shop, next to the Pemex gas station located by the Secrets Capri Riviera Cancún Hotel.
- 6:40 am: Go Mart supermarket next to Puerto Aventuras.
- 6:50 am: entrance to the Plaza Antigua shopping centre.
- 7 am: entrance to the Hotel HM Playa del Carmen.
- On the day of the tour, foreign tourists must pay a separate fee of 417 MXN (US$ 21) per person to access the archaeological site.
- Chichén Itzá VIP: includes pick up directly from your hotel (any hotel), an umbrella and a drink.
- Chichén Itzá Deluxe: includes all of the above plus the Cultur tax prepaid.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Adults from MexicoUS$ 52.50
Adults from other countriesUS$ 49.70
Children from Mexico (3-11 years old)US$ 44.70
Children from other countriesUS$ 47.20
Children under 3Free
Tour + Chichén Itzá VIP
Adults from MexicoUS$ 65.40
Adults from other countriesUS$ 63.40
Children from Mexico (3-11 years old)US$ 58.90
Children from other countriesUS$ 57.10
Children under 3Free
Tour + Chichén Itzá Deluxe
Adults from MexicoUS$ 97.30
Adults from other countriesUS$ 95.20
Children from Mexico (3-11 years old)US$ 87.60
Children from other countriesUS$ 87.60
Children under 3Free
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off.
Transport by bus.
Official multilingual guide.
Entry to the archaeological site.
Entry to the sacred cenote.
Guided tour of Valladolid.
Fee for non Mexican citizens: 417 MXN (US$ 21).
Drinks during lunch.
Life jacket (approx US$ 5).
Fee for the use of mobile devices in Chichén Itzá: 45 MXN (US$ 2.30).
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 12 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Which cenote will the tour visit?
A - The cenote X-Cajum. But depending on availability we may also visit the cenote Ik Kil.
Q - Do you have to pay to use mobile devices at Chichén Itzá?
A - You must pay to visit with professional cameras such as Go Pros and reflex cameras. The price is 45 MXN (2.40 USD approx.) and must be paid at the archaeological site on the day.
Q - How can I pay the Chichen Itza non-Mexican citizen fee?
A - By card on the day of the tour, or via PayPal by email beforehand.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.