Immense palaces, monumental gateways, and statues of mythical creatures are just some of the things to discover in the ancient capital of Persia, Persepolis. Explore it with us when you take our unforgettable tour from Shiraz.
We will collect you from your hotel in Shiraz early in the morning and drive for around an hour to the northeast of Iran. We will arrive in Persepolis, the ancient capital of the Persian Empire.
Persepolis is one of those places that stays in the memories of every traveler. Led by an English speaking guide, we will explore the capital's remains, which are testimony the Empire at the height of its power.
Named a UNESCO world heritage site, the construction of Persepolis was started by Darius the Great around 519 BC and work continued until Alexander the Great seized control of it. The archeological complex includes huge terraces, long colonnades, majestic temples, stone-carved sculptures and Persian columns topped by semi-mythological creatures. You will discover all these wonderful treasures as we stroll around the enclosure until it is time to eat.
After pausing to eat, we will head to the ancient necropolis of Naqsh-e-Rustam, only around 3 miles to the northeast of Persépolis. The tombs here, excavated in the rock and decorated with wonderful bas-relief sculptures, are home to the remains of most of the kings of the Achaemenid Empire.
The most striking of the four tombs is that of Darius the Great, which is identified explicitly by an inscription on the main facade. During the tour, we will also reveal the other notable figures to whom the other tombs belong to.
After exploring the impressive cemetery, we will return to Shiraz where our tour finally ends.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 18 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 110.80
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
Tickets (€5 per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
Yes (imperative to point out when the booking is made).