Join us on a fantastic trip to Rila Monastery and Seven Lakes to encounter some of the most beautiful landscapes in Bulgaria and one of its most important medieval monuments.
Rila Monastery and Seven Lakes Trip
We will meet up at Alexander Nevsky Cathedral Square where we set off on a journey to Rila National Park. We will arrive at the idyllic resort town of Panichishte, where we take a cable car to the top of the mountain.
At more than 6,500 feet above sea level, we will take a fabulous five-hour hike to the Seven Lakes, the main attraction of this park. Our guide will tell you all about the wonders of this environment whilst taking you to all the impressive lakes on the route.
Once we have visited the lakes we then head to the medieval Rila Monastery, one of the most important architectural treasures to be found in the country. As you walk among its 65 feet high walls, you will hear all about its fascinating history some amazing facts.
The monastery is one of the most emblematic landmarks of Bulgaria, as it was a bastion of Bulgarian cultural identity during the Ottoman occupation. During your visit, you can lose yourself in the surroundings and take a step into the past to discover places such as the tomb of Boris III, the last Bulgarian king.
At the end of the visit, we will head back to Sofia where we drop you again at Alexander Nevsky Cathedral Square.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Per personUS$ 67.60
12 hours 60 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
Food and drink.
Ticket for a return journey on the cable car (20 lev, €10 euro per person approx.).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 7 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (this activity requires visitors to be in good physical shape).
Alexander Nevsky Cathedral Square