Discover the most famous filming location in Morroco with this tour of the Ouarzazate province, which even includes a visit to the legendary fortified city of Ait-Ben-Haddou.
2 Day Tour of Ouarzazate
Day 1: Agadir - Taliouine - Taznakht - Ait Ben Haddou
Inland Morroco is home to many hidden treasures, both natural and monument, historical and artistic. To start to discover these lesser-explored sights in northeast Africa, we'll come and pick you up from your hotel in Agadir at 7 am.
Our first stop will be in the province of Taroudant, where we'll visit its picturesque capital: Taliouine. After visiting this city, known as the "city of saffron", you'll be able to replenish your energy with some typical Berber cuisine (lunch not included).
After lunch, we'll make our way to the province of Ouarzazate, visiting the town of Taznakht. After wandering around its famous traditional Berber handicraft markets, we'll head north towards Ait-Ben-Haddou. A UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987, this is one of the most legendary fortified cities in Morroco.
You'll be able to enjoy a guided tour of this special place, learning about its history and the films that have been shot here over the years. Did you know it has even been used as a backdrop in the series Game of Thrones? At the end of the day, we'll head to the outskirts of Ait-Ben-Haddou where you'll enjoy a delicious dinner at the riad (traditional accommodation) where we'll spend the night.
Day 2: Ait Ben Haddou- Fint Oasis- Tifoultoute – Ouarzazate – Agadir
After a good night's sleep and a filling breakfast at the riad, we'll head to Fint Oasis. It's hard to believe there are palm trees in the middle of the desert! This lush, green area is a real sight for the eyes and is sure to capture your imagination.
We'll then continue our journey, next visiting the Kasbah of Tifoultoute, a fortress which still maintains the grandeur of its past. The next stop will be the city of Ouarzazate. You'll have time to have lunch at your own leisure, and then we'll visit the famous film studios. Gladiator, Game of Thrones, Prison Break, The Mummy and more have all used these famous studios. It's a must-see for movie lovers!
In the afternoon we'll head back through the province of Taroudant and we'll drop you back at your accommodation in Agadir at around 7:30 pm.
We will spend the night close to the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou. We normally spend the night at the Tamdakhte riad, although depending on availability on the day we may stay somewhere else of a similar quality.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 2 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children aged between 2 and 10 years||Children under 2|
Children aged between 2 and 10 yearsUS$ 105.80
Children under 2Free
The tour includes a multilingual escort that speaks English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking multilingual driver.
One night's half board accommodation (including dinner and breakfast).
Entrance to the monuments mentioned.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).