Do you dare to visit the spooky home of Count Dracula at night? You’ll see exactly why Bran Castle inspired Bram Stoker to write his famous novel.
Dracula’s Castle by Night
“You reason well, and your wit is bold, but you are too prejudiced. You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear.” This phrase from the novel Dracula can be interpreted in many ways. Do we really see reality, or do we only see what our subconscious wants us to see? You won’t have to wait long to find out the answer to that question. At the chosen time we’ll meet at number 2, Strada Valea Portii, and the most daring of you will be able to exclusively access Bran Castle at night. This castle famously inspired Bram Stoker to write the gothic novel, Dracula, and this is your chance to see it like never before.
As night falls over Romania, the most famous monument in Bran closes its doors to the public. The hoards of tourists that visit every day go home and the castle falls silent. In the luxury of this emptiness, you’ll be able to take a private tour in English of this spooky castle. This is a unique experience that is not for the faint-hearted!
In the 15th century, Vlad “the impaler” was known for his less than orthodox repression methods, and on this two-hour tour of the castle, you’ll be able to find out more as you visit the torture chamber. Don’t worry, the machines haven’t been used in centuries, although that doesn’t make them any less terrifying!
This is an unforgettable tour like no other, and to make it even more special, the last 30 minutes will be dedicated to a wine tasting of wine from the Bran Castle winery. You’ll be able to enjoy this wine with a selection of Romanian cheese, nuts and fresh seasonal fruit.
We’ll then return to the initial meeting point. We hope you’ll be able to sleep well, but if not, remember this quote from Stoker’s novel, ‘there are bad dreams for those who sleep unwisely.’
If you don’t dare to visit the castle under the cover of darkness, you could always book a tour during the day.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour, organised exclusively for you, your partner, family and friends.
|Up to 5 people||Up to 10 people||Up to 20 people|
|Private tour in English||
Private tour in English
Up to 5 peopleUS$ 1,091
Up to 10 peopleUS$ 1,447
Up to 20 peopleUS$ 1,842
The tour is exclusively in English.
Entrance to Bran Castle.
English speaking guide.
Wine and cheese tasting.
Exclusive, private tour.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
Strada Valea Portii, 2.