Discover one of the most symbolic locations on the island of Haiti with this tour of Citadelle Lafferière, one of the biggest fortresses in America.
Citadelle Laferriere Tour
At 8 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Cabo Haitiano or the Labadee cruise terminal, to head to Citadelle Laferriere. Along the way, we'll stop in the village of Madeline, where we'll enjoy an organic breakfast including a coffee, cacao and fruit.
Then we'll make our way to Milot, and here we'll visit the Sans Souci palace ruins. The palace itself was built in 1813 as the royal residence of King Henri I of Haiti. We'll walk to Bonnet a L'Eveque mountain where you'll choose whether to go up to Citadelle Laferriere by foot or by horse.
Once at the summit, we'll discover an impressive fortress constructed in 1820 and explore the different sites around the structure while admiring the stunning views. Did you know that it is surrounded by 365 canyons?
Afterwards, we'll head back to Madeline for a delicious lunch consisting of rice, beans, meat, salad, fruit and traditional sweet treats.
We'll arrive back at the meeting point at 3 pm.
Pick Up Information
Upon booking, you can choose whether to be picked up at your hotel in Cabo Haitiano or at the Labadee cruise terminal. If your hotel isn't within the pick up area, we'll contact you to agree on a meeting point.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 40% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 10 years old||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 2 and 10 years oldUS$ 75
Children under 2 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Pick up and drop off at hotel or cruise terminal.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
Breakfast and lunch.
Horse ride (optional).
When to book?
You can book up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.