This free walking tour of Cascais is the best way to discover this beautiful coastal town where the Portuguese royal family holidayed in the 19th century. Plus, it's free!
Cascais Free Walking Tour
We'll meet at 10:45 am at the entrance to the train station in Cascais to start our free tour around the most emblematic spots of this coastal town which turned from a small fishing village to the Portuguese monarchy's summer holiday destination in the 19th century.
Firstly, we'll visit two of the town's most important beaches: Conceição and Rainha. From there we'll head into the historical centre, where we'll discover the origins of the picturesque Portuguese town as we walk along the colourful streets and the Visconde da Luz Garden, opened in 1867. We'll also visit the Plaça Luís de Camões, one of the town's most frequented squares.
The Cidadela will be our next stop, where we can admire the 15th-century monumental complex: the Fortress of Our Lady of Light, the Santo Antonio Tower and the Palace of Cascais Citadel, which was the summer residence of the Portuguese royal family and, these days, the president of the country.
We'll head back to the seafront to admire the façade of one of the town's most iconic buildings, the Condes de Castro Guimarães Palace, as well as the Santa Marta Lighthouse.
- Bookings cannot be made for groups of more than 6 people.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult; adults must not be responsible for more than three under 18s.
- During the free tour of Cascais, we will not enter any of the monuments.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Free tours do not have a fixed price, rather each person offers the guide the amount they consider appropriate, depending on their level of satisfaction.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 6 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
If you are not able to attend the tour, please cancel your reservation, otherwise the guide will be waiting for you.
Largo da Estação 8.