Bike around Chiang Rai and discover its beautiful surroundings and enjoy its main monuments in a fun way with this fantastic tour. You will see iconic landmarks such as the White Temple, one of the most beautiful in northern Thailand!
When you make your reservation, you can choose one of the following tours. All of them include pick up from your hotel in Chiang Rai between 8:30 and 8:45 am, and the transfer back at the end of the activity.
Tour of the surroundings of Chiang Rai (4-5.5 hours)
On this bike tour, which will cover a distance of between 12 and 16 miles, we will pedal through the main rural areas on the outskirts of Chiang Rai.
During the route, we will pass through picturesque villages and rice fields located on the banks of the Lao River. There we will see the way of life of the rural population of northern Thailand, dedicated mainly to agriculture and livestock. Halfway through, we will stop at a local restaurant to enjoy a delicious Thai lunch that will include various local specialties.
After lunch, we will take you back to your hotel, where we arrive between 1 pm and 2 pm.
Tour to the White Temple and surroundings (4-5.5 hours)
This bicycle tour starts in Chiang Rai, and also covers a distance of between 12 and 16 miles, going through the rural villages located on the banks of the Lao River.
Next, we will visit one of Chiang Rai's most iconic monuments: the Wat Rong Khun, better known as the White Temple. Its architecture fuses Buddhist and Hindu beliefs, combining animal figures with other sculptures representing certain natural elements such as fire, wind, and water.
After visiting the shrine, we will regain our strength with lunch in a local restaurant located near the temple - the perfect opportunity to try different dishes of Thai cuisine!
Once your strength is restored, we will transfer you to your hotel in Chiang Rai. The arrival is scheduled between 1 and 2 pm.
Tour of the surroundings of Chiang Rai and the White Temple (8-9.5 hours)
On this bike route, we will cover a distance of between 27 and 34 miles. In the first part of the tour, we will travel through the rural areas closest to Chiang Rai and also visit the White Temple.
We will refuel at a restaurant near the temple, where we will enjoy a delicious Thai lunch. In the afternoon, we will continue the bike tour by visiting a tea field located on the outskirts of Chiang Rai. You will learn how the plants of this popular infusion are cultivated.
After visiting the plantation, we will return by bike to the city center to visit the local market and see the figure of the famous Sitting Buddha of Chiang Rai. From there we will take you back to your hotel, where we arrive between 5 and 6 pm.
All three tours outlined above include pick-up at hotels in downtown Chiang Rai. If you are staying in an area more than 3 miles from the city, we will pick you up at the entrance of the Wat Jed Yod temple.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 12 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Menores de 12 años|
|Tour of the surroundings of Chiang Rai||
|Tour of the White Temple and its surroundings||
|Tour of the White Temple and the surroundings of Chiang Rai||
Tour of the surroundings of Chiang Rai
Per personUS$ 42
under 12not admitted
Tour of the White Temple and its surroundings
Per personUS$ 49
under 12not admitted
Tour of the White Temple and the surroundings of Chiang Rai
Per personUS$ 62
under 12not admitted
4 hours 30 minutes - 9 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by car or minibus, depending on the size of the group.
English speaking guide.
Bike and helmet rental.
Entry to the White Temple of Chiang Rai (according to chosen option).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).