Explore the Chianti region during a half day trip from Florence and visit two rustic wine estates, where you will do a “Vino Chianti” tasting and you’ll try other typical products such as home produced olive oil.
Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour
We'll collect you in an air-conditioned coach and head to Chianti, the renowned wine region in Tuscany. This part of Italy is postcard-perfect with green valleys, old vineyards, pretty trees dispersed on slopes and hillsides. According to a saying, all paths in Tuscany lead either to a wine cellar, a castle or a farm.
The first stop will be a rural wine cellar, where you’ll be offered a delicious afternoon snack with typical Tuscan products and extra virgin olive oil accompanied by a Chianti wine. You will then be led by the owner inside the Cellar and learn how the wine is produced.
Hop back on the coach and enjoy the striking landscape until you get to Greve in Chianti, one of the main destinations in this region. You’ll have time to explore the town at your own pace and visit the local stores and buy some of its exquisite home-made products.
The next stop is another wine cellar. You’ll be guided through the estate by an expert guide, who will explain how long the wine sits in the numerous wooden casks and vats. The tour will end with a home-produced Chianti wine tasting.
The afternoon excursion will come to an end after the wine tasting and you’ll head back to Florence, arriving in the city centre at around 7:45 pm. Upon arrival, you will be dropped off at Piazzale Montelungo, very close to the railway station Santa Maria Novella.
If for logistical reasons it is not possible to visit Greve in Chianti, this stop will be changed for another of the same duration in a different village.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 4-12 years old||Children under 4|
Children 4-12 years oldUS$ 27.70
Children under 4Free
The activity takes place with an escort that speaks in english and other languages.
Return transportation by air conditioned coach.
English speaking host will accompany you during the trip.
Visit two wine estates with a tour and wine tasting and sample other typical products.
Free time when you visit Greve in Chianti.
Return transfer to your hotel (the tour finishes at Piazzale Montelungo, in the center of Florence).
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is the return transfer included?
A - Yes, if you choose the option with transfer the bus leaves you in the Piazzale Montelungo, near the Santa Maria Novella train station.
Q - Which hotels are included in the pick up?
A - Pick up and drop is included in the hotels in the centre of Florence, excluding the area around the station. This service is not available for appartments or B&Bs.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.