Discover the incredible volcanic landscape of Fuerteventura on a hiking tour up the Galdera Gairía followed by a wine tasting of exquisite local wines.
Gairía Volcano Hiking Tour
Hop on a comfortable coach from your hotel and set off to Tiscamanita, located at the feet of Gairía Volcano, in the heart of the island.
The village of Tiscamanita is famous for its windmills. From here you will begin walking along a trail of medium difficulty. While you make your way through the barren and rocky orography, you will learn about this singular landscape formed by lava flows, also known in Spanish as “malpaís”, which means “badland” in English. Make your way up the Caldera de Gairía Natural Monument until you get to a panoramic viewpoint, located at 100 meters.
After finishing the trek, you will head to the Finca de Agroturismo La Gayría (La Gayría Agrotourism), situated 45 minutes away by foot. Visit an underground winery, where various wines from the Canary Islands are kept. The most famous are the Malvasía white wine from Lanzarote and the Listán Negro from Tenerife.
Enjoy the wine’s aroma and singular taste during a tasting of wines from the Canary Islands, including a glass of white wine from Lanzarote and a red wine from Tenerife and two local liquors. Accompany these drinks with a selection of aperitifs: a mouthwatering tomato salad, goat cheese and slices of bread with virgin olive oil.
After the tasting, you will be driven back to your hotel in the south of Fuerteventura.
- We recommend you wear comfortable clothing for the hike, including closed toe shoes.
- We also advise you to wear a hat, sun glasses and sunscreen.
- Children under 9 years old may not participate in this activity.
Schedule and pick-up locations
This excursion includes a hotel pick-up service from the following resorts in the south of Fuerteventura:
Your guide will collect you from your hotel lobby. These pick-up times are approximate and depend on the pick-up location:
- 9:00 am: Morro Jable, Esquinzo and Jandía.
- 9:30 am: Costa Calma.
- 9:50 am: Tarajalejo.
Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 5% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 3% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 9-12 years old||Children under 9|
Children 9-12 years oldUS$ 68.90
Children under 9not permitted
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Expert English speaking guide.
Admission to La Gayría Winery.
Tasting of wine from the Canary Islands.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 5 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.