Discover the taste of Fuerteventura and the Canary Islands on a 5.5-hour interactive tapas tour. Try the island’s typical products!
After collecting you from your hotel lobby, the bus will head to a farm specialized in the production of cactus juice. Have you never heard of this type of drink? Learn all about how the prickly pear juice is made on a guided tour of the Fuertetuno estate. This type of plant makes a delicious juice packed with vitamins.
Feel refreshed with a tasting of cactus pears juice and try slices of this delicious and original fruit. It is also used as the base for many marmalades and sauces.
Next, head to an area of the island famous for its olive tree plantations. Here, sample various types of virgin olive oil.
Continue the half-day tour to Tuineje and visit La Gambuesa cheese factory, where you will try some of Fuerteventura’s best cheeses, made from goat’s cheese. These animals are iconic in Fuerteventura! The traditional manufacturing process of La Gambuesa cheese is world-famous and it has won numerous awards including the World Cheese Award. You will savor this exquisite dairy product accompanied by “pella de gofio”, which are roasted maize cakes, typical of the archipelago.
The tour will come to an end at the cheese factory and you will be driven home.
Schedule and pick-up locations
Your guide will collect you from the lobby of your hotel at the following times (approximately) from the following locations:
- 9:00 am: Morro Jable, Esquinzo and Jandía.
- 9:30 am: Costa Calma.
- 9:50 am: Tarajalejo.
Please be ready and in the lobby at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
This excursion does NOT include hotel pick-up service from Corralejo, Puerto del Rosario, Castillo Caleta de Fuste, and other areas in the north and east of Fuerteventura.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 5% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 3% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children 2-12 years old||Children under 2|
Children 2-12 years oldUS$ 54.30
Children under 2Free
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Admission to the various farms and factories.
Prickly pear juice tasting and sampling the fruit.
Olive oil tasting.
Tasting of cheese and pello de gofio.
When to book?
You can book up until 5 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.