The Dolmens and the Torcal are two of the great treasures within this municipality of Malaga, discover them with this Antequera Day Trip from Granada.
Antequera Day Trip
We'll leave Granada and head west towards the nearby province of Malaga. Before arriving, we'll go past the Peña de Los Enamorados, one of the most striking hills in this area of Andalusia.
Then our next stop will be just 10 minutes away at the Archaeological Site of the Dolmens of Antequera, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here at this important megalithic site, one of the most important in southern Spain, we'll learn about the prehistoric society of the Neolithic period that inhabited these lands thousands of years ago.
The tour will continue by visiting Antequera's historic centre. Its main monuments include the Alcazaba and the Santa María La Mayor Collegiate church, one of the city's Renaissance jewels. After the walk through the old town, you'll have a few minutes of free time.
At the time agreed, we'll meet again to go to the Torcal de Antequera a karst rocky landscape characterised by the curious shapes that its geological formations take on. This unique natural environment dates back to none other than the Jurassic period! After the visit to El Torcal we'll return to Granada.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 8% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 12 years old|
Children under 12 years oldUS$ 54.30
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in English and other languages.
Transport in a climatised vehicle.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the locations visited.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 1 hour before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Plaza de Mariana Pineda.