Immerse yourself in the tranquillity of one of Kyoto's most important monuments on this guided tour and hike of the Fushimi Inari-Taisha Shrine.
Fushimi Inari Hike
Having met up at your chosen time at Tofukuji Station, we'll set off walking through the streets of Kyoto towards the famous Fushimi Inari-Taisha Shrine, located about 20 minutes away.
Arriving at our destination, we'll begin a guided tour to learn all about this Shinto shrine, which was built in the year 711. Did you know that the shrine is dedicated to the Shinto kami, or spirit, of rice and sake? We'll learn all about the beliefs and customs of the Japanese religion as we explore Fushimi Inari-Taisha.
Equally as enchanting as the shrine itself are its beautiful surroundings, which we'll delve into on a five kilometre (3 mile) hike through the bamboo forests around Fushimi Inari. We'll discover trails seldom visited by tourists - you'll feel like locals!
After our hike, we'll walk through the iconic Tori gates that starred in the movie Memoirs of a Geisha. This atmospheric path will take us to the highest point of Fushimi Inari-Taisha, from which we'll enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of Kyoto.
Our three hour tour will come to an end at the top of the temple.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 20% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 14 years old||Children under 8|
Children between 8 and 14 years oldUS$ 35
Children under 8not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
English speaking guide.
Bottle of water.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, this activity requires visitors to be in good physical shape.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.