Ride on horseback along the paradise beaches of Cotubanama National Park, a protected area with colorful Caribbean flora and fauna.
Horseback riding in Cotubanama National Park
At the chosen time, we will pick you up from your hotel in La Romana and head south towards the Cotubanamá National Park, a large protected area off the coast of Saona Island.
After approximately a thirty-minute drive, we will reach this incredible nature reserve, the perfect setting for a delightful horseback ride. After getting to know the animals, petting them, and putting on the appropriate equipment, we will climb on the horses to begin our unforgettable ride,
Riding through Cotubanamá, we will discover the marvelous biodiversity of this area of the Caribbean. It is one of the most visited National Parks in the Dominican Republic, thanks to more than 500 species of flora, 300 types of birds, and its endless white sandy beaches. This is a genuine treat for the senses!
At the halfway point, we will stop and get off the horse to stroll along the beach and cool off in the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea. Afterward, we will ride back to the original starting point and say goodbye to our faithful companions.
Finally, we will take you to the hotels in La Romana, where we will arrive three hours after pick-up.
Who can participate in the activity?
- This activity is not permitted for pregnant women.
- Children between 4 and 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 60% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 60% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 12 years old||Children under 4|
|Horseback ride: pick up in Bayahíbe and Dominicus||
|Horseback ride: pick up in La Romana||
Horseback ride: pick up in Bayahíbe and Dominicus
Children from 4 to 12 years oldUS$ 35.60
Children under 4not permitted
Horseback ride: pick up in La Romana
Children from 4 to 12 years oldUS$ 47.60
Children under 4not permitted
3 - 2 hours.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
Pick up and transfer back to the hotel.
English speaking guide.
Horse riding equipment.
Entry to Cotubanama National Park.
When to book?
You can book up until the previous day (11:59 pm) if there are still places available. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Are there any requirements for the activity?
A - This activity is not permitted for pregnant women. In addition, children between 4 and 8 years old must ride with an adult on the horse.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.