Frigiliana is considered one of the prettiest towns in all of Spain. Let yourself be enchanted by this magical location when you take this trip from nearby Nerja.
Frigiliana Half-Day Tour Itinerary
After collecting you from your hotel in Nerja we head directly to Frigiliana, a beautiful location in the Axarquía region of Malaga, only a 20-minute drive away.
Frigiliana has the privilege of belonging to the famous ‘Association of the Prettiest Towns in Spain’. Upon setting your eyes on it, you immediately realize why. We will take a guided walk around the beautiful old town center, so you can see the important traces of its past. The Mudejar neighborhood, in particular, stands out, for the preservation of its architectural vestiges of the Muslims who remained in the territory after its reconquest by the Christians.
Among the narrow lanes of whitewashed buildings, we will also see Renaissance (the Palace of Condes, also known as “El Ingenio” for reasons we will reveal) and Baroque (the church of San Antonio, from the 17th century) monuments. After the guided tour around the historic center, you will have your free time to spend at your own pace.
We will continue the tour heading 5 miles north of Frigiliana to El Acebuchal. This beautiful hamlet became ‘the village of ghosts’ after its inhabitants were forced to flee by Franco´s Civil Guard in 1948. It remained abandoned until 1998 when its buildings were restored. We will take a rest, having a delicious local lunch in one of its famous restaurants. The menu includes a starter (salad or soup) and a main course which varies depending on the day.
Finally, after eating we will take you back to your hotel.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 3 years old.|
Children under 3 years old.Free
6 hours 30 minutes.
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
English speaking tour guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Nerja).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).