Explore the Somiedo Natural Park and see the Cantabrian brown bear with this fantastic trip from Pola de Somiedo. Learn about the features of this species and experience a day in the heart of the Asturian countryside.
Brown Bear Sighting
We will meet up at 4:30 pm at the Interpretation Centre in the Natural Park of Somiedo. When we are all together, we will head for the mountains of this beautiful part of Asturias, the natural habitat of the Cantabrian brown bear.
Throughout the afternoon, we'll explore Somiedo, Cangas del Narcea, the mountains of Teverga, and Ibias in search of this amazing Iberian animal. We will visit the best locations for spotting them depending on the weather on that particular day.
With the help of binoculars, you will be able to spot magnificent specimens of Cantabrian brown bears. In this part of Asturias, it is very common to see adult bears with their cubs: their population has tripled in the recent decades.
During the route we may also spot wild boars, deer, or chamois, so keep an eye out at all times! Finally, we will return to the original starting point in Pola de Somiedo where our day among the Brown Bears comes to an end.
Somiedo Natural Park is one of the best places in the Principality of Asturias to see Cantabrian brown bears. However, the animals are unpredictable. The sighting of a greater or lesser number of specimens will depend on various factors such as the weather at the time or the reproduction and breeding seasons of the different species.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 12 years old||Children under 5|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 5 to 12 years oldUS$ 23.90
Children under 5not permitted
5 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
Transport inside the park.
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Somiedo Natural Park Interpretation Centre.