Discover Puerto Rico's stunning nature with a dip in the Las Delicias waterfall and learn about the island's fascinating history at the Zama mural.
Las Delicias Waterfall & Zama Mural Trip
Between 9 and 10 am we'll pick you up from your hotel in Ponce in a 4x4 and head north towards the inland area of Puerto Rico, where one of the island's main archaeological treasures awaits us: the Zama mural. In the pre-Hispanic period, the Taino Indians made rock carvings that we'll try to decipher on this fascinating visit. And we'll also learn some interesting facts about the pre-Columbian society that inhabited this area of the Caribbean.
The tour will then continue to the city of Jayuya, where we'll stop to recharge our batteries with a delicious Creole lunch consisting of a main course and dessert. Then we'll head to the famous Las Delicias waterfall. Lush, green landscapes, natural pools of crystalline waters, the sound of birds singing in a peaceful spot in the middle of the forest... Can you think of a better way to spend an afternoon in Puerto Rico?!
At the end of the trip we'll make our way back to Ponce, arriving by around 4:30 pm.
Pick up from San Juan
You can also go on the same trip with departure from San Juan.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 5% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 5% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
This is a private tour organized for you and your partner, friends or family.
|Up to 4 people|
|Private English language tour||
Private English language tour
Up to 4 peopleUS$ 350
7 hours 30 minutes - 8 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a 4x4.
English speaking guide specialising in Puerto Rican archaeology and landscapes.
Entry to all places visited.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:00 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).