There is no better way to begin your trip to Prague than with a tour through the historic centre with an English speaking guide: over 2.5 hours, this walking tour will teach you about the history of the old town and the old Jewish ghetto.
Beginning in Prague's main square, Wenceslas Square, which houses the imposing National Museum, over the course of 2.5 hours the tour will dive into the Old Town, its winding streets filled with small shops selling Prague's most typical wares: porcelain, glassware, marionettes or absinthe.
The tour then passes through the old Jewish Ghetto, a walled-off and poverty-stricken section of town where for some 700 years the discriminated-against Prague Jewish community lived. Here you can see the cemetery dating back to the 15th century and 16th-century synagogues.
Next the tour passes through Ungelt, founded in the 12th century as a place where foreign merchants paid customs on the goods they brought into Prague. Then nearby the tour makes a stop before one of the most impressive sights in the Old Town, Týn Church, which dominates the landscape with two gothic towers each 80m tall.
After a walk down Celetna Street the tour ends in front of the "Powder Tower", one of the symbols of Prague and one of the 13 original city gates which today separates the old town from the new.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children under 10|
|English Language Tour||
English Language Tour
Children under 10US$ 13.20
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide
Entry to monuments and attractions
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
Powder Tower (Prašná brána)