Feel like a genuine explorer, touring Iceland's glaciers on a snowmobile, discovering some of the island's most incredible waterfalls and enjoying an unforgettable day filled with adventure.
The tour meets in Reykjavik, then makes its way to the east of the island. During the trip you'll be able to see the landscapes of the Icelandic highlands, dominated by the glaciers and volcanoes of the interior.
We'll visit the Skógafoss waterfall, admiring the impressive sheet of water as it plunges over the clifftop. Then our journey continues to the Sejalandsfoss waterfall, crossing the fall itself to explore the cave behind and admire the landscape which can be seen through the curtain of falling water. At both stops you'll have free time to tour the area and explore these most famous if Icelandic sights.
On the way to Mýrdalsjökull we'll stop for lunch, where you can grab a bite and eat at your own leisure. Then we'll head to base camp, where you'll get all the equipment and instruction necessary to comfortably pilot your snowmobiles: fun, intuitive and easy to drive!
Next, we'll tour the Mýrdalsjökull glacier on board your snowmobiles, and you'll have the opportunity to photograph one of the most stunning regions in Iceland, dominated by the Katla volcano. You'll tour the wintery landscape for two hours, enjoying the excitement and freedom of the snowmobile on an enormous Icelandic glacier.
With the excursion over, we'll head back to Reykjavik, where we'll be back around 7 pm.
- You must have a driving licence to pilot the snowmobile.
- The indicated price is per person, on a shared snowmobile for two. If you would prefer to drive the snowmobile alone, please indicate so when making the reservation. A supplement will be charged on the day of the excursion (10000 ISK)
- Please wear warm clothing and footwear suitable for walking in the mountains.
When making your reservation you'll see a list including the majority of the hotels in Reykjavik. Next to the name of your hotel, you will find the nearest meet point. As the majority of the streets in the centre are not accessible by bus, you will need to make your way to a nearby location, indicated as a "bus stop" and with a number.
For example, if you choose "20:30 - 1919 Hotel Radisson BLU (Please stand by for pick up at bus stop no 4 - Tryggvagata))" you should be ready at 8:30 pm at bus stop 4 (Tryggvagata). You'll find details about the location of the stop in the reservation confirmation.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 16 years old||Children under 8|
Children between 8 and 16 years oldUS$ 151.60
Children under 8not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Professional English speaking guide.
Necessary equipment.(helmet, protection)
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.