Discover the beauty of one of the most beautiful parts of Spain with this tour through the Picos de Europa. You will hike through the stunning mountain landscapes, visit the Monastery of Santo Toribio de Liébana, and later relax in a health spa.
Hiking and Health Spa in the Picos de Europa
We will leave Santander in the morning and head to Fuente Dé, a town in the heart of the Picos de Europa. During the journey of an hour and a half, you will admire some of the most impressive landscapes of Cantabria, such as the Hermida gorge.
Upon arriving at Fuente Dé, we will take the cable car, reaching an altitude of 5980 feet in just 4 minutes. From the Mirador del Cable observation point, you will have some exceptional views of the Picos de Europa.
Then we start our hiking route of around two and a half hours through the Picos de Europa National Park, enjoying the mountain air and impressive landscapes.
After the hiking experience, we will travel to Potes, a beautiful medieval town in the middle of a valley. After the walk, we will recharge our batteries with a delicious stew of the Liébana region in a local restaurant (food not included).
Then we will take you to the nearby Monastery of Santo Toribio de Liébana. This shrine was established in the 11th century and, according to tradition, houses a fragment of the Vera Cruz.
The last stage of the tour takes us to the Hermida thermal spa, one of the most important sets of natural hot springs in northern Spain. After our day of adventure in nature, you will be more than ready for an hour of relaxing thermal treatments which include a steam bath, a Finnish sauna, a jacuzzi, and a bi-thermal shower.
After you have rested, relaxed, and recovered, we will start our return to Santander, where we will arrive at around 7 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 5 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 2 and 12 years old||Children under 2 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children under 2 and 12 years oldUS$ 76.70
Children under 2 years oldFree
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up.
English speaking escort/guide.
Official mountain guide.
One hour health spa treatment at La Hermida.
Food and drink.
Cable car ticket.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Santander).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 3 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).