Discover the El Soplao cave, one of nature's geological wonders, with this trip from Santander. You'll explore its tunnels and enjoy unique views of the Cantabrian landscape.
El Soplao Cave Trip
After picking you up from your hotel in Santander, we'll set off for the town of Rionansa. During the trip, you'll be able to admire northern Spain's characteristic landscapes of valleys, forests and mountains.
When we arrvive we'll visit the El Soplao cave, that used to be a mine. You'll be amazed by the beauty of this Cantabrian mine, considered to be one of the country's greatest geological wonders.
We'll explore its different tunnels on board a small train and admire the incredible range of stalactites, stalagmites, columns, calcite crystals and rock formations that have formed over the years.
Once we've explored the El Soplao cave, we'll go to the Tina Menor viewpoint in Pechón. You'll marvel at an impressive natural landscape that overlooks the Ria Menor estuary.
Finally, we'll head back to the Santander hotels at around 2:30 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 2 and 12||Children under 2|
Children between 2 and 12US$ 47.70
Children under 2Free
4 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that simultaneously speaks in english and spanish.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport in a minivan.
English speaking guide.
1 hour entry to the El Soplao cave.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 9 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.