Discover the delights of Sintra in a unique new way exploring its cobbled streets, historic castles, colourful palaces and lush forests by electric car.
Electric Car Tour of Sintra
Sintra is a beautiful historic town on the coast of Portugal that has been designed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll soon discover why as you explore its wealth of spectacular landscapes by electric car. The route is up to you, so you can tailor your tour to discover nature, architecture, history, or whatever you'd like!
The electric cars are small and easy to drive and park on any street. Whichever route you choose, a built-in navigation system which help you find your way, and an English-language audioguide will reveal fascinating facts and explain the history of each place of interest on the way.
When making your reservation, you can choose between doing a 3 hour tour or a 9.5 hour tour. While you're free to drive wherever you'd like, we recommend following one of the following routes to make the most of your time in Sintra:
Pena Palace & Castle of the Moors
Discover history and nature on this itinerary: you'll drive up through the Sintra hills to see the hilltop medieval castle known as Castle of the Moors. Pass by Liberdade Park, the historic centre of Sintra, the National Palace, the strikingly beautiful Pena Palace and much more. Lush valleys and impressive palaces await!
Quinta da Regaleira & Sintra Gardens
Immerse yourself in the magic of Portugal's natural landscapes and some of Sintra's most important monuments. Admire the spectacular vegetation and the bridges of the Liberdade Park, explore the old town and Monserrate Park and see the Natural History Museum. What's more, you'll visit the elegant Quinta da Regaleira, known as the "Palace of Monteiro the Millionaire".
Cabo da Roca & Convent of the Capuchos
Explore Sintra's spiritual side visiting the historic Convent of the Capuchos and admire the Swiss-style architecture of the Chalet Condessa D'Edla. We also recommend heading to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point in Europe, to enjoy the unparalleled ocean views. This itinerary is designed to reveal the romantic legends and the poets inspired by Sintra.
- It is compulsory to present an original driving licence which is valid in Portugal. Copies of documents or provisional licences will not be accepted.
- You must pay a deposit of € 100 (US$ 117.30) per electric car (by credit card or cash) on the day of the tour.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 3 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 18 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 30% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Price per vehicle (max 2 people)|
|3 hour tour||
|9.5 hour tour||
3 hour tour
Price per vehicle (max 2 people)US$ 76.20
9.5 hour tour
Price per vehicle (max 2 people)US$ 134.90
3 hours - 9 hours 30 minutes.
The tour is carried out with an audio guide in English.
Electric car rental.
Audioguide in English.
€ 100 (US$ 117.30) deposit (returned at the end of the tour).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:30 am) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility or pushchairs/strollers).
R. Dr. Alfredo da Costa 62.