Discover the cultural city of Plovdiv on this full-day tour. Visit its roman theatre, the Dzhumaya Mosque, and stroll through the beautiful old town. An essential day trip for any visit to Bulgaria!
Plovdiv Full-Day Tour
We will start our excursion to Plovdiv from Alexander Nevsky Square in Sofia. Once on board the bus, we have a two-hour journey to the oldest inhabited city in Bulgaria.
Upon arrival at Plovdiv, you will be surprised by the amount of ancient monuments that are still so well preserved. Chosen to be the European Capital of Culture in 2019, this city south of Sofia is home to a unique wealth of history and architecture.
Stroll through the narrow-cobbled streets of the picturesque old town, where you can enjoy some impressive views at the top of the three hills.
The main highlight of Plovdiv is its second century roman ampitheatre, considered one of the largest structures in the Ancient Roman Empire. You will enter the remains of this incredible construction and learn about its history thanks to our expert guide.
We then continue our route by visiting the elegant Dzhumaya Mosque, with 9 domes and an interior fountain surrounded by four pillars. Finally, you will enjoy some free time to try the local food or do some shopping at the local stores.
We return to Sofia at about 5 pm.
Children under 5 years old
Children under 5 years old may not participate in this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 10% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 5 to 12 years old|
Children from 5 to 12 years oldUS$ 29.30
* The price increases on the 31 October
The activity takes place with an audioguide in English.
Return transport from Sofia.
English speaking tour guide.
Audioguide in English.
Visit to Plovdiv.
Food and drink.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 30 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Aleksander Nevsky Square