The Palmetum in Santa Cruz de Tenerife is one of the largest and most beautiful botanical gardens on the Canary island. Immerse yourself in nature and discover incredible subtropical plants!
What is the Palmetum?
Situated south of Santa Cruz de Tenerife's port, the Palmetum is a botanical garden spread over almost 30 acres (12 hectares). It is located on an artificial hill that was formerly a landfill site, although you wouldn't think it was filled with rubbish. Today, the massive space is a park with ocean views and an enormous collection of flora, especially of palms and island plants.
What will I find at the Palmetum?
The Palmetum de Santa Cruz de Tenerife is home to the greatest collection of palms in Europe - there are over 500 different species! The botanical garden is divided into different biogeographic zones where plants from islands across the world grow together: explore the flora native to the Caribbean, Hawaii, Melanesia, Australia, Madagascar and - of course - the Canary Islands themselves. Discover the park's separate areas via the following link:
As well as palms, the Palmetum has around 2000 different plant species from diverse tropical and subtropical climates. There's also a landscaped garden where you can relax beside streams, lakes and waterfalls.
Thanks to its hilltop location, the botanical garden also offers spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean, and what's more, it is a natural habitat for a number of wild birds. See if you can spot common moorhens, blue tits, blackbirds and the unusual-looking hoopoe - a true paradise for ornithologists!
The Palmetum de Santa Cruz de Tenerife is open daily, including Sundays and public holidays, from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Please note: the last admission for visitors is 5 pm.
- From December 15th to February 14th, 2021, the schedule will be reduced from Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 5:30 pm Last entry at 4 pm.
Reduced ticket price
Canarian residents enjoy a discounted ticket price of 1.50 EUR if they present documents accrediting them as disabled, jobseekers or large families.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 20 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 75% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Residents (adults)US$ 3.60
Residents (children between 2 and 11 years old)US$ 1.80
Non residents (adults)US$ 7.20
Non residents (children between 2 and 11 years old)US$ 3.40
Children under 2 years oldFree
Entrance to the Palmetum de Santa Cruz de Tenerife.
When to book?
Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Palmetum de Santa Cruz de Tenerife.