San Cristóbal de La Laguna, La Orotava and the Teide Astronomical Observatory: make the most of your time in Tenerife on this excursion to three of the island's most beautiful spots.
Teide Observatory, La Orotava & La Laguna Tour
After picking you up from your hotel, we'll head to the Teide Astronomical Observatory, considered to be one of the best research centres in the world in its field.
Accompanied by a guide with specialist knowledge of astronomy, we'll learn how the observatory works, discovering its day and night telescopes and hearing all about the work and the major discoveries that have been made in its laboratories. You'll feel like expert astronomers learning how to distinguish the different stars!
Leaving the observatory behind, we'll get to explore more of Tenerife itself. Our next stop will be the picturesque town of La Orotava. As well as being the highest altitude town on the island, La Orotava is known for the emblematic red dome that crowns the Church of Our Lady of Conception. As we visit the historic centre, we'll delve into the history of the beautiful town.
We'll then make our way to San Cristóbal de La Laguna, the only town on the Canary Islands to be a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. Strolling through its historic streets and admiring the Cathedral of La Laguna and the Baroque façade of the Casa Salazar, you'll soon see why!
At the end of our tour, we'll return to our original departure points, arriving back around 3 pm.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes a pick up service from the main hotels in Santa Cruz and La Laguna.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5 years old|
Children between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 41.20
Children under 5 years oldFree
The tour includes an English speaking guide, but the tour can sometimes be carried out in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Teide Observatory.
Guided tour of La Laguna.
Guided tour of La Orotava.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Tenerife).
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).