Did you know that Tenerife is home to one of the best places in the world for astronomical observation? Admire the celestial sky at nightfall with this Teide Stargazing Experience and discover all the secrets of the stars!
Teide Stargazing Experience
Do you know where the Big Dipper is? Is it true that the Polar Star is the brightest star in the night sky? You'll solve these and many other doubts from the base station of the Teide cable car, where we'll enjoy a magical evening at an altitude of more than 2300 metres.
As soon as we meet we'll listen to a brief introduction about the secrets of the firmament. Afterwards, the time will come to use the professional telescopes to see the stars from a unique perspective. You'll be surprised!
We'll learn how to orientate ourselves on a dark night without the need for a compass, as well as see the constellations of the zodiac signs and much more. Moreover, if you come in summer you'll see perfectly one the Milky Way arms.
The activity will end ater 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Starting times vary according to the time of year, as they depend on the time of the sunset. On the day of the activity, we'll confirm the exact starting time. You can check the approximate starting times below:
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 8 and 13 years old||Menores de 8 años|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 8 and 13 years oldUS$ 36.20
under 8not admitted
1 hour 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
Long Range Telescope.
Official English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - What if there is a full moon?
A - During the full moon, the brightness of this satellite won't allow the stars to be seen as clearly as on darker nights. In this case, we'll use the telescopes to contemplate craters, mountain ranges and other lunar wonders.
Q - Is the activity carried out in case of adverse weather conditions?
A - In the event of adverse weather conditions that don't allow observation, the activity could be cancelled. In this case we'll offer you a full refund.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you need help to book an activity or have any enquiries, please contact us.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).