Discover the exotic sand dunes of Merzouga when you take our 4-day tour through the Morrocan desert. Along the way, you will visit the beautiful village of Aït Benhaddou, which you may recognize from one of the many Hollywood hit films that have been shot here.
4 Day Desert Trip to Merzouga
Day 1: Agadir – Taliouine – Taznakht – Agdz
Vast, arid landscapes, oases of greenery in the middle of nowhere, and legendary fortified cities, all await you in Morroco's magical desert wilderness. We will collect you from your hotel or riad in Agadir at 7 am. Our first stop is Taliouine, known as the capital of Saffron, which is located in the province of Taroudant. The route then takes us into the region of Quarzazate, and to the town of Taznakht, where you will have your own free time to try the famous Berber gastronomy.
After eating, we will continue on our route through the beautiful Atlas region and head to the town of Agdz. There, you will see the distinctive Mount Kissane in the background, and hear all about the numerous legends and tales of this enchanting location. As the icing on the cake to a brilliant day, we will head to a comfortable riad on the outskirts of Agdz to dine and rest until the next day.
Day 2: Agdz – Tazzarine – Alnif – Rissani – Merzouga Desert
After a tasty breakfast at the Riad, we will set off towards the towns of Tazzarine and Alnif to discover the local Berber customs and way of life. This area is a prime location for paleontologists as many important fossils have been discovered here. After a short period of your own free time in Alnif to take something to eat in the way you prefer, we will then head to the town of Rissani, which was an important city during Alaouite dynasty.
At the end of the afternoon, we will reach the beautiful dunes of Erg Chebbi. We will then take a wonderful camel ride to the camp where we will spend the night. Your evening under the stars will be complemented with a typical Morrocan dinner.
Day 3: Merzouga Desert – Todgha Gorge – Aït Benhaddou
You begin the day riding on the back of a camel as the dawn breaks over the magical desert of Merzouga. Leaving the dunes behind us, we then travel to the small town of Erfoud and the spectacular Todgha Gorge.
Close by, you will also discover the surreal Dadès Gorges which will leave you speechless. After a brief pause to take lunch in a restaurant in Roses Valley, we will head to one of the most famous city's in this part of the country, Ouarzazate. We will visit the famous Atlas film studios where many Hollywood blockbusters have been filmed, such as Gladiator and Game of Thrones.
From Ouarzazate, we will head to the famous kasbah of Aït Benhaddou where you will enjoy a guided walking tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Our intense day finishes in a riad close to the kasbah where we have dinner and spend the night.
Day 4: Aït Benhaddou – Tazenakht – Agadir
At the first light of dawn, after having breakfast at the riad, we will leave Aït Benhaddou and continue our journey. The first stop will be Tazenakht, where we will visit the numerous artisan stalls which sell traditional handwoven beber rugs.
After pausing so you can take lunch in your own free time, we continue on our route heading into the province of Taroudannt. Along the way, the magnificent Atlas mountain range will accompany you in the background. We will finally drop you at your hotel or riad in Agadir at around 7 pm.
The tour includes three nights half board accommodation (bed, dinner, and breakfast) at the following locations:
- First night (Agdz): Hotel Dades or similar.
- Second night (Merzouga desert): Dar Tafouyte or similar.
- Third night (Aït Benhaddou): Riad Tamdakhte or similar.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 2 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 2 to 10 years old||Children under 2 years old|
Children from 2 to 10 years oldUS$ 225.50
Children under 2 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Hotel pickup or drop off.
Transport by airconditioned minibus or 4x4 jeep.
English, French, and Spanish speaking driver.
3 nights half board accommodation (bed, dinner, and breakfast).
Entry to all the places on the itinerary.
Camel ride to the desert camp.
Lunches at midday.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (12:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).