Coral reefs, volcanic rocks, paradise beaches... delve deep into the beautifully wild landscapes of the Cabo de Gata Natural Park on this day trip from Aguadulce.
Cabo de Gata Natural Park Day Trip
Having been picked up from your hotel in Aguadulce, you'll set off to the Cabo de Gata-Níjar Natural Park, the largest protected coastal area in Andalusia and home to incredibly diverse geology and geography.
During your excursion, you'll have the opportunity to see the San Miguel salt flats, the coral reef known as the Sirens Reef, and the famous Cabo de Gata lighthouse. Do you know the legend surrounding this watchtower? It involves a mysterious treasure hidden by an ancient sultan...
Delve further back in time exploring the fossilised dunes in Los Escullos, before heading up to the Amatistas viewpoint to enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the natural park's rugged scenery.
Next, you'll be taken to the old gold mining town of Rodalquilar. While the industry declined many years ago, the natural resources running out and the locals abandoning their homes, the derelict buildings of this village and its factories remain.
The final stop on your tour will be the picturesque coastal town of San José. Here, you'll have free time to eat lunch at a typical restaurant (not included). We recommend trying delicious local specialities like rock fish and red shrimp.
Meet back up after eating for the return journey to Aguadulce.
Hotel pick up
This excursion includes a pick up service from the following hotels in Aguadulce:
Camping Roquetas, Hotel Playa Dulce, Hotel Portomagno and Aparthotel Aguadulce.
The guide will pick you up at around 9:20 am. When making your reservation, you'll be asked to select which accommodation you'd prefer to be picked up from.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those taking running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 11 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 11 years oldUS$ 33.90
Children under 3 years oldUS$ 11.30
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) guided tour.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned bus.
English and Spanish speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (8:00 PM local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).