Meet the Cantabrian brown bears with this excursion through the mountains of Asturias from Avilés. You'll spend a day in full contact with nature while a guide shows you the peculiarities of this species.
Cantabrian Brown Bear Sighting
At 2 pm we'll pick you up from your hotel in Avilés and travel to the mountains of Asturias in search of one of the most precious species in the region, the Cantabrian brown bear.
From the moment we leave Avilés, we'll begin to learn all about the characteristics of this protected species thanks to the knowledge of the guide, who'll tell us everything about the Cantabrian brown bear, one of the smallest brown bear subspecies in the world.
We'll explore the mountains of Teverga, Somiedo, Cangas del Narcea, Degaña and Ibias in search of the best places to see these magnificent animals. Besides bears, if we are lucky, we'll be able to see other species such as wild boars, deer or chamois. It will be fascinating!
After this adventure through Asturian nature, we'll return to your hotel in Avilés at 10 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children aged between 5 and 12 years old||Children under 5|
US$ 90.20 US$ 72.20
AdultsUS$ 90.20 US$ 72.20
Children aged between 5 and 12 years oldUS$ 60.10
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by minibus.
English speaking guide.
20% discount on the official ticket price.
When to book?
You can book up until 3 days before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, this activity requires visitors to be in good physical shape.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.