Remind yourself of the iconic series with this Game of Thrones Tour from Bilbao. You'll visit the well-known locations such as San Juan de Gaztelugatxe, Zumaia and Muriola Beach.
Game of Thrones Full Day Tour
At the time chosen, we'll depart from Viuda de Epalza Street in Bilbao by bus. Our bus will take us on a trip to the locations filmed in the successful HBO series, Game of Thrones. We'll find out why these locations were chosen and more fun facts.
As we follow in the footsteps of Daenerys, Tyrion, and Jon Snow along the Basque coast, our first stop will be Muriola beach, in Barrika, better known in fiction as the King's Landing beach. Here we'll be reminded of when Davos, Tyrion and Gendry run away from the Golden Company in the seventh season.
Next, we'll visit Butron Castle, an imposing fortress 20 kilometres (12 miles) from Bilbao. Here you can try on cloaks and swords to dress up as the Lords of Winterfell, don't forget to take a photo!
We'll follow the Game of Thrones tour through the symbolic corner of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe. Or should we say Dragonstone? We'll head to its hermitage to admire its façade. Also, we'll learn about its history and remember the scenes that were recorded here.
After this intense walk, we'll stop in Bermeo where you'll have one hour of free time to have lunch at a local restaurant. We recommend the famous pintxos accompanied by a txakoli.
Following on we'll travel to the last stop of the tour, Itzurun beach in Zumaia. Do you remember the arrival of Daenerys Targaryen and her dragons? It's no surprise the producers of the series selected this location to shoot one of the most important moments of the series. You'll be enamoured by its landscape!
We'll finish the tour arriving back at the meeting point at approximately 5.30 pm.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English and Spanish.
Transport by minibus
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Type of voucher
Electronic. Show the voucher on your phone.
All services published on Civitatis are carried out in accordance with our Sustainability Code.
Our providers commit to:
- Provide a safe and satisfying experience.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Incorporate eco-conscious technologies.
- Uphold fair employment standards.
- Foster the growth of local communities.
- Preserve the integrity of local culture.
- Safeguard both cultural and environmental heritage.
- Ensure ethical treatment of animals.
- Operate with honesty and transparency.
- Encourage sustainable behaviors among customers and staff.
This particular activity contributes as follows:
- Printed material is avoided.
- No single-use plastics are used.
- The activity promotes local production.
- The activity helps the dissemination of local cultural heritage.
- The activity helps the conservation of biodiversity.
- No printing of documentation required.
- Promotes local employment.
- Has a gender equality policy.
- Has a carbon footprint offset policy.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Is there an age limit on the student card?
A - There is no age limit, although a valid student card is required.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions
1 Viuda de Epalza Street