Discover the resplendent architecture of one of the world’s newest capitals with this guided tour through the center of Brasilia. Join us to explore this jewel of avant-garde design!
Guided Tour of Brasilia
After collecting from your hotel, we will head to the center of the Brazilian capital to start our guided tour of Brasilia.
The urban landscape here is striking for its proliferation of avant-garde public buildings due to Brasilia being one of the most modern capitals on the planet. In fact, the construction of the city didn’t start until 1956. The renowned Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer actively participated in its design and during the tour, you will encounter various architectural works that evolved from ideas thought up in his studio.
Among the principle architectural jewels of Niemeyer that we encounter on this tour, the Metropolitan Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, stands out. Do you know why this shrine resembles the shape of a pyramid? On this tour, we will reveal the fascinating story. Very close to this important monument is the grand Ministries Esplanade. We will take a stroll down this beautiful boulevard to admire the official government buildings that line it. We make a stop in front of a very peculiar building which has an eye-catching design – Itamaraty Palace, which houses the Brazilian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Just a few meters from the palace you will find another grand modern style construction - the National Congress. The legislative chamber is located in the so-called Praça dos Três Poderes (Three Powers Plaza), where you will also see the wonderful architecture of the Supreme Federal Court and the Palácio do Planalto (presidential office).
When the tour has ended, we will take you back to your hotel in Brasilia.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 4 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 6 to 12 years old||Children under 6 years old|
Children from 6 to 12 years oldUS$ 26.87
Children under 6 years oldFree
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Transport to and from your hotel.
Transport by airconditioned bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the monuments.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up to 3 days before (Brasilia local time) if there are still places available.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).