At the end of the 19th century, a movement emerged that perfectly combined these materials. Be captivated by modernism in Brussels with Art Noveau Guided Tour.
Art Noveau Guided Tour
At 10 am we'll meet at the Grand Place in Brussels to start our Art Nouveau route through the streets of the Belgian capital.
Our first stop will be in front of the avant-garde facade of the Musical Instruments Museum. The building housed the Old England department store in the 19th century. From here we'll take a tram to Bailli, the district with the highest concentration of modernist buildings in Brussels.
Large windows will attract our attention soon after we get off the tram. This is the Tassel Residence, which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This house designed by the Belgian architect Victor Horta was the first Art Nouveau building in the world.
We'll continue to admire other avant-garde examples of the neighbourhood and stop in front of the Residence of Paul Hankar, the Belgian Art Nouveau architect. We'll appreciate his modernist imprint on the elegant balconies of the Ciamberlani Hotel.
The tour will end at 1 pm in front of the Horta Museum, which you're free to visit.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 12 and 16 years old||Children under 12 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 12 and 16 years oldUS$ 10
Children under 12 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 10 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Brussels Grand Place