Discover Buenos Aires' fileteado tradition with this fantastic tour of the San Telmo neighborhood. You will learn everything there is know about the unique Argentine artform of lettering and drawing which is found on signs, buses, and cafes, all across the city.
Filetado Tour of San Telmo
We will meet at 9 am in the heart of Buenos Aires, before starting our fascinating tour of Buenos Aires' tradition of Fileteado in the San Telmo neighborhood. You will discover everything you need to know about this lettering and drawing art form that is found everywhere across the city from signs to buses.
We will start the tour with a good Argentine breakfast, so you are fully energized to explore Buenos Aires. While we enjoy the delicious sandwiches, we will begin to learn about the 'fileteado', an artistic style using paint of saturated colors on diverse surfaces. During the breakfast, you will observe some examples of this fascinating technique.
Walking through the streets of the oldest district of the Argentine capital, you will be transported back to the 1920s to discover the origins of the fileteado. Exploring the streets and markets of San Telmo, we will encounter some genuine handcrafted jewels.
After the theory, it's time for the practice. The guide will take you to a local fileteado workshop where they will teach you how to develop this technique. When you have finished, you can then take your creation home with you. This is the perfect souvenir of your trip to Buenos Aires.
The tour finishes at 1 pm in the neighborhood of San Telmo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 80% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 80% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 8 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children from 3 to 8 years oldUS$ 36
Children under 3 years oldFree
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other languages.
Guide in English.
Fileteado workshop in Buenos Aires.
When to book?
You can book up until 24 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Yes, you must attend with a carer.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
599 Carlos Calvo, corner of Peru street and Carlos Calvo street.