Do you want to follow the path taken by Jorge Bergoglio before he became the “Pope from the end of the World”? Discover what the early life of Pope Francisco was like in Buenos Aires with this sightseeing tour.
Pope Francis Tour Itinerary
The journey through the life of Jorge Bergoglio starts at 10 am at his birthplace in the renowned Flores neighborhood. This is where Jorge spent his formative years with his parents and four siblings.
We will tour the buildings which shaped his education and where he received the first sacraments which awoke his religious calling. We visit the places that he frequented in his youth and, at San Lorenzo de Almagro Football Club, we will learn about how his passion for football started.
We will stop at the Church of San Francisco de Asis, where Bergoglio discovered the Franciscan Order from which his papal name is taken. We also visit the San José de Flores church, where at only 17 years old, he decided to dedicate his life to God.
Our last stop is the Buenos Aires Metropolitan Cathedral, where thousands of Argentines convened to await the results of the conclave in which Bergoglio was elected successor to PopeBenedict XVI.
The tour ends around 1 pm in Plaza de Mayo.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children from 3 to 6 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Pope Francis Tour||
Pope Francis Tour
Children from 3 to 6 years oldUS$ 19.80
Children under 3 years oldFree
* A reservation for one person will include a supplement.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
Bookings are permitted up until 18 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
831 Defensa street, San Telmo, Buenos Aires.