Do you love being out in the countryside? Escape the city with this trekking experience in the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park, just one hour from Lisbon.
Sintra-Cascais Natural Park Trek
After meeting at the Cascais train station, we'll take a minibus to the Sintra-Cascais Natural Park. From here, we'll start our trek, which will take approximately two hours.
On the 5 kilometre hike, we'll enter a forest full of oak, maple and eucalyptus trees, as well as many other tree species. Plus, you might even see a falcon or eagle flying overhead, as there are many birds of prey that inhabit this glorious natural area.
After the trek, we'll take the minibus once again and discover some of the region's charming towns, such as Zambujeiro and Murches. The main economy in many of these small agricultural villages is related to the harvesting of the vines that are used to produce the region's wine. We'll stop at one of these villages and you'll have time to grab a coffee and relax in the beautiful surroundings.
We'll stop at another spot of outstanding natural beauty, the Cresmina Dune, which is part of the Cultural Landscape of Sintra that is protected by UNESCO. We'll see an exceptional view of the sea in front of the Cabo Raso lighthouse, which has been active since the end of the 19th century. Likewise, from the bus, we'll see Guincho beach, a popular hangout for surfers.
After a peaceful morning full of natural beauty, we'll finish our tour at the train station in Cascais at around 1:30 pm.
We recommend wearing clothing and footwear that are suitable for trekking. Remember a sunhat and sun protection in the summer, and warm clothing in the winter.
We also suggest taking something to eat and drink with you.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 66% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 47.10
The tour is carried out in several languages at the same time, including in English.
Transfers to and from the train station in Cascais.
Water on the bus journey.
English speaking guide.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
You can book up until the previous day (9:30 am local time) if there are still places available.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).
Cascais Train Station