Cruising down the Chicago River is one of the greatest ways to get to know this iconic city. Sail past its towering skyline and discover how Chicago became the birthplace of the skyscraper.
Chicago River Boat Tour
Your boat trip will set sail from the famous Michigan Avenue Bridge Dock, also known as the DuSable Bridge, cruising down the main branch of the Chicago River in the direction of the East Bank Club. As you sail along the river, you'll see some of the city's most emblematic buildings towering above you, including the Willis Tower, the John Hancock Center and the Wrigley Building.
On board the boat, you'll hear all about the history of the buildings, the architecture and the engineering that made Chicago the pioneer in the construction of skyscrapers, and the home of modern American architecture. What's more, your guide will reveal curious facts about the city, for example, why the river's waterflow was reversed in a groundbreaking feat of engineering.
The sightseeing boat tour of Chicago River will come to an end after approximately an hour and fifteen minutes, returning to the original departure point.
Due to local weather conditions, between the 1st of November and the 15th of April the cruise will last 60 minutes instead of the normal 75 minutes.
Water Taxi Trip
Your boat tour also includes a ticket for the Chicago Water Taxi (valid until end of the season in 2020). The water taxi piers are located at the following places:
- Navy Pier’s Ogden Slip.
- Michigan Avenue Bridge (NE corner).
- Willis Tower/Union Station.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 30% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 20.71
Children under 3 years oldFree
1 hour 15 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in English.
English speaking guide.
Ticket for Chicago water taxi.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Bookings are permitted up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).