Discover the abundant history, charming villages and beautiful landscapes along the Cadiz coastline with this Tarifa, Zahara de Los Atunes & Baelo Claudia Tour from Chiclana.
Tarifa, Zahara de Los Atunes & Baelo Claudia Tour
After picking you up at the meeting point of your choice from 10:20 am, we'll go to the Costa de la Luz -the famous coastal area in the province of Cadiz!
Our first stop will be Bolonia beach, where the Baelo Claudia archaeological site is located. We'll find out about the history of this ancient Roman enclave while walking through the remains of its salting factory. It was here that garum was prepared, a sauce that seasoned a good part of Roman dishes.
After learning about Baelo Claudia's imperial past, we'll follow the route along the coastline to Tarifa. Did you know that this city on the shores of the Strait of Gibraltar is the southernmost city in Western Europe? We'll take a guided tour of its old town and see the Puerta de Jerez, the church of San Francisco and the exterior of the Castle of Guzmán el Bueno. Then, you'll have an hour of free time to enjoy a local meal - don't miss their traditional tuna recipes!
From Tarifa, we'll continue to Zahara de Los Atunes. You'll have one hour to enjoy its beautiful beach full of fine golden sand, which covers more than eight kilometres in length.
The tour will end at the Chiclana collection points at 9:30 pm.
The excursion includes pick up at the following points in Chiclana de la Frontera:
- 10:20 am: bus stop at Avenida de Velódromo, s/n, in front of El Fontanal Sports Complex.
- 10:30 am: bus stop in front of the San Andrés Golf complex, on the N-340 road.
Departure from other locations
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 25 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old||Children under 3 years old|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Children between 3 and 12 years oldUS$ 39.60
Children under 3 years oldFree
The tour is exclusively in English.
Transport by bus.
English speaking guide.
Entry to the Baelo Claudia archaeological site.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).