Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnacocha and Pampamarca are four of the most beautiful lakes in the Peruvian Andes. Let yourself be enchanted by their incredible natural landscapes on this tour from Cusco!
Four Lagoons Tour
After picking you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 4 am, we'll travel south in search of the four lagoons: some of the most spectacular lakes in the Peruvian Andes.
We will make a stop along the way to have breakfast in the Andean town of Cusipata, and then we will continue with the tour until we reach the Quehue district to see the famous Queshuachaca Bridge: a footbridge that dates back to the Inca period, built entirely of a vegetable fibre called ichu. This rope walkway, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is renewed every year in a ritual that preserves historic Inca techniques.
Then it's on to the first and the largest of the four lagoons: Lake Pomacanchi, home to a wealth of native plants and wildlife, especially exotic birds, which are attracted to its clear waters. Not far from here, we'll reach the Acopia lagoon, on whose shores is the picturesque village of the same name. Our tour will then continue to Lake Asnacocha before stopping beside Pampamarca lagoon to admire its beautiful natural landscapes.
We will return to Cusipata we'll refuel with a delicious picnic lunch. Then, having eaten, we'll return to Cusco, leaving you back at your hotels at around 6 pm.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit).
|Per person||Children under 8|
Per personUS$ 52
Children under 8not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english, although it may occasionally be done in two languages.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
Transport by air conditioned bus or minibus.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.