Explore pretty streets of old fishermen's houses and experience an authentic fish market: immerse yourself in daily life at Estepona's fishing port.
Estepona Fishing Port Tour Itinerary
Meet your guide at the fishing port, where your tour of the fishing heritage of the Malaga coast will begin. Accompanied by your English-speaking guide, an expert in the daily life of local fishermen, you'll discover the secrets of the traditional artisanal fishing methods that are still used in this area of Andalusia.
Your guided tour will take you on a route around the picturesque streets of the old fishing town, where you'll admire the quaint colourful houses and their spectacular views over the Mediterranean Sea. You'll visit the Chapel of Our Lady of Carmel, the patron saint of sailors. A truly enchanting area of Estepona!
Next, you'll head down to the Estepona Lonja, the traditional fish market at the port, where fishermen and their buyers haggle each day over the freshly caught fish and seafood. You'll even get to watch the fish auction first hand!
For the finishing touch on this authentic fishing experience, you'll have the opportunity to taste a tapa marinera, a typical local tapas made with ingredients from the Estepona coast.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 40% of their maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|English guided tour||
English guided tour
Per personUS$ 46.70
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and spanish.
English speaking guide.
Bottle of water.
When to book?
You can book up until 36 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Marine Tourism Office next to the fishing port market