Discover one of the most beautiful natural reserves in all of Portugal with this boat trip through the Ria Formosa Natural Park. In addition, the boat is ecological, it works with solar energy.
Formosa River Solar Boat Ride
The tour meets at the Faro port at the chosen time, ready to get climb aboard this very special boat: a totally green vessel powered by solar energy. The most fitting way to discover the Formosa River, helping to preserve this wonderful natural reserve.
During this peaceful trip by solar boat we'll discover the lagoons of this protected area of the Algarve on the lookout for native wildlife. A multitude of birds call this area home, including the white stork, the egret and the spoonbill. Keep your eyes open for all these species through the binoculars!
As the ship approaches the islands of the Natural Park, we will talk about the clam and oyster nurseries, one of the main economic activities in the area. And this is where you'll get a chance to see the numerous species of aquatic birds that inhabit these islands.
In the last part of the journey, we will sail to a magical place, the exact point where the estuary meets the sea: the perfect finishing touch to close this solar boat trip along the Ria Formosa.
After two and a half hours immersed in the beautiful landscapes of the Ria Formosa Natural Park, we'll head back to the Faro port, putting an end to the tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 9 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children under 9|
|Solar boat tour||
Solar boat tour
Children under 9US$ 35.70
2 hours 30 minutes.
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english and other language.
Solar boat ride.
English speaking guide.
When to book?
You can book up until 30 minutes before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.
Ginásio Clube Naval.